• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Instruo

[.net] MDX in WPF

This topic is 4494 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just a quick question, but does anyone happen to have any information on using MDX in a WPF application? I've yet to actually touch WPF, but I've heard that its possible to use MDX in it and I can't seem to find any information on what's need to integrate it. Any information would be great, thanks!

Advertisement
well, I'll admit that I don't have concrete evidence to support this, but I'm pretty sure that WPF abstracts the concept of the directX rendering away from their public API.

So basically, under the hood, they're using DirectX, but consumers of the WPF api will not be able to get at the internals.

Would be pretty interesting though if one could create a WPF form, and then start applying shaders to the buttons ;-)

The technology you are looking for is called Crossbow. There is one very important rule to remember: a pixel on the screen can only be owned by one system. So combining is only possible by adding a host control to one system that hosts the other. Transparency is not allowed when one system overlaps the other.

So what you could do is overlay a WPF form as a menu or console window.

Take a look here: http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/davidb/archive/2006/02/18/135403.aspx
lots of links there that will help you.

Cheers

If you are learning WPF take a look at http://www.airknow.com for some tutorials and on CodePlex for a tool I am working on.

Cheers

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!