• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tyler_the_tyler

Hi. i have a little question

This topic is 4318 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

HI, IF you cant tell my name is Tyler and i would just like to say hi to everyone. Im not new but i just havent really said hi. Im still a beginer but not new. I have learned some C but have realized i need to learn C++. And an API which i still dont understand what they are too well. Is there any suggestions on a book to learn C++. Preferably very recent so im not stuck with exaples with an outdated program. Also a compiler thats easy to use and not very big on space. And an API. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Tyler

Advertisement
I looked at it and do i need the book? as in the book it metions i think it was "Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days(5TH edition)".

[Edited by - tyler_the_tyler on July 28, 2006 8:13:46 PM]

Yes, I would advise buying the book if you are going to follow the forums closely. Actually, either way I'd recommend getting a good book. Also, don't worry about an API until you are good with C++. Sometimes learning to use an API can be like learning another language, especially to a beginner.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!