I see no Red in Linux

Started by
3 comments, last by Last Attacker 17 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone! I have a weird problem. Its minor but I would like to know why. I have a project that uses OpenGL, SDL and GLSL. It draws a skybox then the terrain. In windows, there is no problem. In Linux, it looks like the Red color element has dissapeared. Everything looks either blue or green. But if I make my text (fps) red, then it shows red and when I tell my pixel shader to add red to the terrain, it becomes red. Although the grass texture on the terrain has no red element aswell. Even though the grass is green, you usually find some yellow as well and there is no yello. Does anyone know what could be the problem? I'll try posting some screenshots for you to check out. Just gimme a couple of minutes... [wink]
"Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires" - Psalm 37:4My Blog
Advertisement
This is what it is supposed to look (Windows):
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Just wait for me to go into linux... [wink]
"Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires" - Psalm 37:4My Blog
Ok here is the Linux version:

Hope its enough info to help you guys with my problem!
As you've kind-of noticed, your text rendering is still white (including red, that is). So, you haven't lost all red output.

A list of questions to start with: Have you verified your texture loading function is working properly? Do you call glColor, use any color vertex arrays, or call any material functions? Are you using multitexturing? How are you rendering the text differently from the sky-box and terrain?
Thanks, I thoaght that it can't be my loader because I've used it in projects before for Linux and it worked properly. So, I started checking like you said through all my color assigning parts of my program only to find nothing unusual. Then I thoaght of my textures. If it loaded my font texture correctly in white, why couldn't it load my other textures correctly?
So I opened up Gimp and resaved the textures with RLE compression in TGA and unticked the "origin bottom left" option and there my skymaps displayed correctly.
Its weird isn't it?
Why would that work in Windows and different in Linux?
I just wanna see if this didn't screw up my windows version [wink].

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement