• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bhavinvs

Best book for Beginners

This topic is 4319 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Which is the best book for Beginners,considering that i'm having good knowledge of C/C++.Want to start with directx Programming.Should I go with 2D or 3D.Which is a best one to start with Direcx 7 or 8 or 9.

Advertisement
My first book was "Programming Role Playing Games" by Jim Adams. It sucks. Don't get it.

But I found that Beginning Game Programming is a good book

I have recently bought Beginning game programming by Jonathan S Harbour, (Dont get confused with the SAMS 24 hours one which is a bit crap!) and am finding it fantastic. I know c pretty well and a bit of the windows GDI but i didn't know direct x. but i am finding this book really useful. it teaches you how to make 3D models using anim8or and all about direct x. Two warnings though if you dont know c well get a good primer and try to use visual studio I have tried some of the code in Dev C++ and had a few problems.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!