Fidel Castro is under going surgery

Started by
71 comments, last by ManaStone 17 years, 8 months ago
two things:
1. not even the cuban opposition want the US to get involved.
2. cubans partially understand that their hardass dictator is the only reason cuban cigars and rum not only still has the name but is made in cuba.
If cuba opens up, mega corps will buy up the comps for the names, close the productions in cuba so they can open them somewhere else and the cubans will lose.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by SticksandStones
If Cuba has such bad doctors, why is their infant mortality rate lower than the U.S.'s?

Fewer toxic chemicals in the food chain? I'm just guessing here.
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.
If Cuba has such bad doctors, why is their infant mortality rate lower than the U.S.'s?

Are you implying that cuba has better doctors than USA ?
Well, for a start cuba is a tiny island

Ignore propaganda and what you see on tv, and look up the facts:
just do a search for "cuban doctors" in google, you'll have plenty to study

Here's one, I recommend you to read it

http://www.babalublog.com/archives/002267.html

I don't have to read much because as I said we have cubans here and I live that everyday (real cubans not just pro-castro zealots, it's the same here in venezuela with the pro-chavez zealots).

Quote:Original post by datxcod

Ignore propaganda and what you see on tv, and look up the facts:
just do a search for "cuban doctors" in google, you'll have plenty to study

Here's one, I recommend you to read it

http://www.babalublog.com/archives/002267.html

I don't have to read much because as I said we have cubans here and I live that everyday (real cubans not just pro-castro zealots, it's the same here in venezuela with the pro-chavez zealots).

That is what you recommend as a source for facts? "Castro's slaves lined up like a Reverend Moon wedding" says everything that needs to be known about that guy's objectivity.

Ironically, it's Moon that has funded a large chunk of the right wing in the USA - the right wing that opposes Castro and Chavez. The Washington Times belongs to Moon. And then there was the utterly bizarre Moon coronation ceremony organized and attended by members of Congress: Warner Helped the Rev. Moon

Quote:
Sen. John W. Warner's office acknowledged yesterday that the Virginia Republican arranged for religious activists to use a Senate office building last March for a ceremony in which the Rev. Sun Myung Moon declared himself the Messiah and said his teachings have helped Hitler and Stalin be "reborn as new persons."

Hitler and Stalin Reborn? Oh Shit!!! [grin]

Quote:
When news accounts last month described the ceremony, several of the approximately dozen lawmakers who attended said they were duped into going and had no idea the Moons would be the chief honorees. Some said they simply went to see a constituent receive an award and were unaware of Moon's long speech in which he said, "Emperors, kings and presidents . . . have declared to all Heaven and Earth that Reverend Sun Myung Moon is none other than humanity's Savior, Messiah, Returning Lord and True Parent."
A March 8 invitation sent to many lawmakers and others said the "primary program sponsor" would be the "Interreligious and International Federation for World Peace (IIFWP), founded by Rev. Dr. and Mrs. Sun Myung Moon." Several co-sponsors were listed, including the Washington Times Foundation, but Christian Voice was not mentioned.

See also: Lawmakers attend Moon ‘coronation’ in Dirksen, The Rev. Moon Honored at Hill Reception

And here's an entire series of investigative reporting on the connections between the US right and Moon: Dark Side of Rev. Moon

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
What I was trying to say is that I don't know where you guys got the idea that cuban doctors are the best in the world, they aren't and that's a fact. Unless of course you're talking about castro's personal doctors :) (still I wonder).

I'm off guys, as much as I would like to discuss the situation here, it seems that the number of my posts is inversely proportional to my rating so I'll keep them to a minimum. :)
Quote:Original post by datxcod
What I was trying to say is that I don't know where you guys got the idea that cuban doctors are the best in the world, they aren't and that's a fact. Unless of course you're talking about castro's personal doctors :) (still I wonder).

I'm off guys, as much as I would like to discuss the situation here, it seems that the number of my posts is inversely proportional to my rating so I'll keep them to a minimum. :)

I don't see where anybody said that Cuban doctors were the best in the world. I think you are exagerating.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:

Of course not. He's obviously implying that Cuban women give birth to super-babies.

Quote:

So? The mortality rate deals with percentages, not absolute numbers. I'd say that 11 million is smaller than the population of USA, but it's enough to draw valid statistical data, don't you think?

Quote:
real cubans not just pro-castro zealots, it's the same here in venezuela with the pro-chavez zealots

What do you mean "it's the same"? Unless I'm mistaken, your country has democracy and you elected Chavez.
Quote:Original post by SticksandStones
People [from what I've been taught] are quite opressed there, which is inexcusable.

Quote:
SticksandStones Member since: 11/2/2004 From: USA

No offence, but I think a certain amount of what you learn in American history classes is mostly what the American government wants you to learn, not necessarily what is fact.

Ive been to Cuba a few times and they are generally pretty poor. But most countries are poor compared to ours. Cuba is far from the poorest. Its very clean, little crime, and the people all seemed generally very happy. On average Id say they are happier than most of my Canadian and American friends, even though they dont have many playstations, SUVs or WindowsXP. Go figure.

I know this doesnt really relate so much to the Fidel Castro topic directly, I was just wondering if anyone else wonders why American history books are so much different than everyone elses history books, when there was only 1 history.
Quote:Original post by AndreTheGiant
I was just wondering if anyone else wonders why American history books are so much different than everyone elses history books, when there was only 1 history.

History is written by the victors, and the Americans think they've won and will win ever war?

Every country sort of turns a blind eye and twists history to their point of view. We even have the problem in Canada. Ever learn about the Canadian Civil War? Not likely, chances are you read about the Red River Rebellion, or the Red River Dispute.

How did that line from History Bites go? Louis Riel going "We can't lose! We have god on our side!" and the PM saying "Well, we have the railroad on our side,... and a machine gun"
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
What Is History? Fact and Fancy in the Stories We Tell Ourselves

Quote:
... The event was, but is no longer; it is only the affirmed fact about the event that is, that persists, and will persist until we discover that our affirmation is wrong or inadequate. Let us then admit that there are two histories: the actual series of events that once occurred; and the ideal series that we affirm and hold in memory. The first is absolute and unchanged—it was what it was whatever we do or say about it; the second is relative, always changing in response to the increase or refinement of knowledge. The two series correspond more or less, it is our aim to make the correspondence as exact as possible; but the actual series of events exists for us only in terms of the ideal series which we affirm and hold in memory. This is why I am forced to identify history with knowledge of history. For all practical purposes history is, for us and for the time being, what we know it to be.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement