Which musical instrument should I learn ?

Started by
52 comments, last by Funkymunky 17 years, 8 months ago
Two words... Jazz Flute. You could totally learn the song done in Anchorman. I would pay you to dress up like Ron Burgandy and play jazz flute while dancing on my table... I'm not gay, just saying the option is out there.

=============================RhinoXNA - Easily start building 2D games in XNA!Projects

Advertisement
The Ibanez GSR200 is a great bass for people who are starting out and don't know if they'll stick with it for long. It's good as far as 200 dollars goes and it will hold up to punishment. It isn't however a very good second bass (unless you made your first bass yourself out of old strings and a coffe can). I recommend the ones I listed. Carvin makes good instruments but sometimes the assembly can be daunting and the premade ones are a bit on the expensive side.
"Go on get out last words are for fools who have not said enough already." -- Karl Marx
Quote:Original post by QzarBaron
The Ibanez GSR200 is a great bass for people who are starting out and don't know if they'll stick with it for long. It's good as far as 200 dollars goes and it will hold up to punishment. It isn't however a very good second bass (unless you made your first bass yourself out of old strings and a coffe can). I recommend the ones I listed. Carvin makes good instruments but sometimes the assembly can be daunting and the premade ones are a bit on the expensive side.

The 200 was totally my first bass :) I went to these and haven't gone back. $100 for a bass isn't bad and I have yet to get a bad one (I've bought two SX's).

=============================RhinoXNA - Easily start building 2D games in XNA!Projects

I recommend the ones I listed.

Oh, is that why you listed them? Because I was a bit confused on that point. [lol]

Quote:Original post by programmermattc
I would pay you to dress up like Ron Burgandy and play jazz flute while dancing on my table...

You think I'm gorgeous, you want to kiss me, you want to hug me, you want to love me, you want to hug me, you want to smooch me, you want to...
Quote:Original post by programmermattc

The 200 was totally my first bass :) I went to these and haven't gone back. $100 for a bass isn't bad and I have yet to get a bad one (I've bought two SX's).

A black SX Jazz Bass was my first bass. 89 bucks on sale. I dove for it and I never regret it... awesome instrument (for the price). I was going to get a 200 but I just dove on the SX after reading a really good review of them on TalkBass. I've seen pictures of people doing wonders with them (mod wise). They add all sorts of stuff and make them actually compete in quality to Fender instruments for a fraction of the price.

I still wouldn't recommend them for a 2nd bass though... they're more of a starter instrument.
"Go on get out last words are for fools who have not said enough already." -- Karl Marx
Saxophone is the way to go. I would get a tenor sax.

I would have reccomended the Contrabass Sax but I don't think you want to carry that around.
(Thats not me, I just found this image on google)

There can be only one.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Quote:Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
There can be only one.

I have a strong desire to make and play one of these, but I have a worry: I live in an apartment on the third floor. It would seem a lot of the sound would be projected directly into the apartment below. Is this true? Any good ways to get around this?
Quote:Original post by Way Walker
Quote:Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
There can be only one.

I have a strong desire to make and play one of these, but I have a worry: I live in an apartment on the third floor. It would seem a lot of the sound would be projected directly into the apartment below. Is this true? Any good ways to get around this?

Worst case scenario, you'd have to dismantle it. Its not exactly a complex device :P
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
How about that small violin-like instrument that was used in lord of the rings, it was really cool. The name escapes my at the moment.

Oh heah, and they're probably expensive and hard to find[smile]
F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement