• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scorpion

3d mathematics

This topic is 6897 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok there are a number of things to look at if you can find them.

The PC gamers encyclopedia which can be found in the reference section in www.gamedev.net/gamedev.asp has some good topics.

Also Zed3D document is exceptional but exceptionally difficult to find.

What level are you starting
ie.
Complete begginer
Know the basic's

Advertisement
know the basics is the level i would describe myself into. i've got some pretty good experience with pascal gfx programming, but not that much. i'm now working on my c++ skills, and it's going better everyday.. ;P So now i want to know some 3d mathematics like: how things work etc..

[Edited by - Scorpion on June 6, 2007 3:49:06 PM]

While these aren't web sites, I found them to be very good for getting started. _The OpenGL Programming Guide, v1.2_ is a great place to start, even if you're using Direct3D. For more advanced topics that are still accessible, try _Real-Time Rendering_. I might actually recommend the later for your purposes, since it more heavily covers the math and theory behind certain graphics effects.

who can show me the way to the webpages, covering the explaination of the mathematics behind the 3d programming? [Edited by - Scorpion on June 6, 2007 3:34:05 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!