Theory's and concepts of matrix's - looking for info source

Started by
12 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 8 months ago
here is a full course of linear algebra witch has some good lectures about matrix's
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mathematics/18-06Spring-2005/VideoLectures/index.htm
Advertisement
I'd second smitty1276's recommendation of Computer Graphics: Principals and Practice. Although it's dated in parts, it's the most complete book on graphics I've seen. If you want to understand fundamental concepts then it's a good book to have around.

BTW, The plural of matrix is matrices. As a bonus, here is some information about apostophes.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

Quote:Original post by benjamin bunny
I'd second smitty1276's recommendation of Computer Graphics: Principals and Practice. Although it's dated in parts, it's the most complete book on graphics I've seen. If you want to understand fundamental concepts then it's a good book to have around.

BTW, The plural of matrix is matrices. As a bonus, here is some information about apostophes.

LOL The English, and the murdering of it's language! :) Just as well add this to the list, not vertexes but vertices ;)
Quote:Original post by smitty1276
A book every graphics programmer should probably have--even though its a bit dated--is Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice (2nd Edition) by van Dam, Foley, et al... it covers most of the theory behind graphics, most of the math, most of the algorithms, etc.

You can probably find a copy on half.com or amazon for under $10. Just make sure the you get the 2nd edition, since it even is fairly old.

Are you kidding me? that book sucks. 10 bucks can buy me a nice lunch. Technology has been movign on the exponential curve and this book is woefully out of date. The important topics it does cover is so patchy that you only get a vague understanding and not enough to actually write any code. I don't know why people quote it like its the bible. The best source of informtation is google. Typing in matrix should naturally lead you to the second best source of information wikipedia. If you need a sample look in teh DX SDK. If you want a real world example look at Quake source code. If you can't figure it out after that then you sucks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement