• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kenny77

Changing Icons

This topic is 4361 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do you change the icons of application files? With a folder I just right click and go into the properties and change it but I can't figure out how do do this with application files.

Advertisement
The icon used is a resource of the application. You have to alter the resources, for instance by re-compiling with the new icon file (details depend on your IDE or compiler).

What i always do is i write a RC file with all that type of information for example :

The icon it will use.
The version of the program/game

Do u know how to write a RC file you can do it on 2 ways :

Easy Way : Open RC file Right click on the folder that has the name of your rc file for example : game than click insert and than icon.

Hard Way : Code it into the RC file by rightclicking on your rc file and click view code.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!