Test My 3D Engine [Update 2006-09-12]

Started by
32 comments, last by lordcorm 17 years, 7 months ago
Thats pretty cool man. Congrats on your first solo engine.

Just a visual note - Is it me or are your shadows a bit too dark?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by bam104Just a visual note - Is it me or are your shadows a bit too dark?
That may be true. I think that the ambient level is set to 0.15.

I got it working and it ran really good, even with 200 objects. I only saw 4 problems: your camera shadow is almost pitch black, your 'drawn' counter doesn't work (may be because I had the shaders on), I couldn't get it to add a light, and when you get right up to an object it has a really bad fish-eye effect.

All in all, good job!
Quote:Original post by Programmer16
I got it working and it ran really good, even with 200 objects. I only saw 4 problems: your camera shadow is almost pitch black, your 'drawn' counter doesn't work (may be because I had the shaders on), I couldn't get it to add a light, and when you get right up to an object it has a really bad fish-eye effect.

All in all, good job!
The "Drawn" counter and the "add a light" (I hope) should be fixed now. I don't know about the fish-eye effect. The field of view is set to 90deg from what I remember. Is it possible that your monitor has a different aspect ratio, perhaps you have a widescreen monitor?
Quote:Original post by AxoDosS

All in all, good job!
The "Drawn" counter and the "add a light" (I hope) should be fixed now. I don't know about the fish-eye effect. The field of view is set to 90deg from what I remember. Is it possible that your monitor has a different aspect ratio, perhaps you have a widescreen monitor?

Yea, I'm using a 4:3 widescreen.
Quote:Original post by AxoDosS

All in all, good job!

Yea, I'm using a 4:3 widescreen.

4:3 is standard aspect, the widescreen aspect ratios are 16:10(most monitors/laptops) and 16:9(all tvs/some monitors).

So you are running a 4:3 on a widescreen monitor using stretch (meaning not using black bars/cropping)?
lol, that's what I get for posting when I've just woken up. It's 16:10.

Edit: Also, it fails to run for me now. It does the same thing it did before (gets to 'use shaders' messagebox (says that my computer supports both vertex and fragment) and then has an error and displays the windows 'engine_test.exe has encountered a problem and must close' message.)

If I run it without vertex and fragment, it works fine.

Pressing x before adding a light, pressing it too many times after adding a light causes it to go into wireframe mode.

[Edited by - Programmer16 on August 15, 2006 10:45:35 AM]
lol, that's what I get for posting when I've just woken up. It's 16:10.

Edit: Also, it fails to run for me now. It does the same thing it did before (gets to 'use shaders' messagebox (says that my computer supports both vertex and fragment) and then has an error and displays the windows 'engine_test.exe has encountered a problem and must close' message.)

If I run it without vertex and fragment, it works fine.

Pressing x before adding a light, pressing it too many times after adding a light causes it to go into wireframe mode.
On some hardware that only support vertex profiles but not fragment profiles, the engine reports that both are supported. I will have this fixed.

If you remove all the lights (pressing X) then it will go into wireframe mode, that is what I wanted it to do rather than render a black scene [smile].

[Edited by - AxoDosS on August 15, 2006 11:54:50 AM]
Works perfectly on my Windows machine (Athlon64/7800GT).

I am suprised about the ODE physics, feels good.
Good job!
My Blog
bump (made updates in the first post 06-09-12).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement