• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
stenny

can't open my .exes!

This topic is 4360 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there, I recently created a DXapplication that shows a texturized mesh (normal, not skinned). I compiled it and it worked, but when I sent it to a friend he got this message: It isn't possible to open the application because it's configuration seems to be incorrect - The reinstalation of the application may correct this problem. I included the .xfile and it's textures, so I don't see why it shouldn't work. How can I solve this? -Stenny ---BTW--- I use the DX9.0 june 2006 SDK and MVSC++ 2005.

Advertisement
he needs to have the dx runtimes installed and will probably need the version of d3dx9_??.dll where ?? is the version of the file ur using.... also are u definitly building release build?

Perhaps you can run Dependency Walker on it to see what DLL(s) you might be forgetting to include.

Another problem might be that you did not compile the program in 'Release' and give it to him. (Normally, Debug is for you, the developer, and Release is for your end-users)

Oh stupid me. I never knew there is a releasebuild to (after some configuring I found the option). Thanks[smile]

-Stenny

It wasnt possible to start this application because d3dx9_30.dll wasnt found. The reinstallation of the application may correct this problem

I just need to include this DLL in the same folder as the exe itself? If so, where can I find it?

Please pick a more relevant subject title in future - your current one doesn't give a reasonable indication of what your question is about [smile]

Quote:
Original post by stenny
I just need to include this DLL in the same folder as the exe itself? If so, where can I find it?
Get familiar with DirectXSetup. Distributing just the DLL is against the licence agreement and A Bad Thing™.

Refer to The new FAQ stuck to the top of this thread. It's not fully linked together yet, but if you scroll down there is an entire section on redistribution - it should get you up-and-running with what you should be doing.

hth
Jack

yep

and shud be in windows/system32 i think, if not just search the filename

EDIT: sorry not recomending to distrib the dll wasnt aware that was illegal

@jollyjeffers:
Well, I didn't know about the source of the problem, so this is the best I could do for a name...

@Everyone
It's not like I'm doing this for commercial stuff or anything, but it's always good to know I can't use them, so I'll have a check on DirectXSetup.

-Stenny

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!