Visual C++ 2005 - The outlining keeps toggling!

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 8 months ago
I've been using two monitors to work on this here project of mine. So I usually split the files I have open vertically - one group of tabs on the first monitor, the other on the second. The problem I'm having is that while I'm working on one side, using the other side as a reference, the outlining keeps automatically toggling back to some arbitrary configuration. For example - I have a header file on the left with a lot of classes being declared. I have all of them collapsed except for a couple of them. I try to collapse those two classes, and expand another one to look at it. A few seconds later, the class I had open collapses, and the previous two expand. Automatically. Without me doing anything. I can do things like collapse those two, expand some random ones, close the file, and open it up again. Seconds later, it all goes back to having the original two expanded, everything else collapsed. Any idea on how to make Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition not touch my outlinings on it's own?
Advertisement
One and only bump for assistance.
VC will un-hide outlines when you make significant changes to the file. If the files are related, it can cause that.

It can also happen when it re-parses the file for intellisense.

Try saving the whole solution with the outlines in the state you want, and see if it then keeps converting them back to the state they were in when you saved.
Had same problem

Try:

Tools -> Options -> TextEditor -> C/C++ -> Formatting -> Check "Automatic Outlining Of Stmt Blocks".

I think i unchecked it for some reason , the toggling drove me crazy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement