Some Model Renders For My Sci-Fi Game

Started by
10 comments, last by Decals 17 years, 8 months ago
Hi im not here to talk about my game story and genre im just here to ask you all what do you think of my sci-fi bar so far :) 3ds Max 8 Version_Hyperion SCI-FI Bar 3ds Max 8 Version_Hyperion SCI-FI Bar 3ds Max 8 Version_Hyperion SCI-FI Bar 3ds Max 8 Version_Hyperion SCI-FI Bar
Game Design & Art Student
Advertisement
Looks nice!
Kinda reminds me of a Star Wars cantina.
How did you create the shadows? They don't seem to fit the geometry.
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee
it looks ok, but i prefer not to critique it untill you have textured the scene.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
It looks good to me. Texture that puppy up and repost. I'm sure it'll look really cool with materials.
I think the bar stools are slightly too narrow compared to the chairs. The chairs also look a bit uncomfortable with the seat being that close to the floor -- unless your sci-fi people are aliens with short legs :-)

Also, what's sci-fi about it? Any major city will have ten bars that look like this these days.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
I suppose the Textures will make it look more of a sci-fi genre once ive got them in place. At the moment i do agree looks like a modern day bar.

Here are some renders from the space port.

Photobucket - 3ds Max 8 - Spaceport

Quote:Original post by Decals
I suppose the Textures will make it look more of a sci-fi genre once ive got them in place.

That's a dangerous way to think about things, and almost gaurentees your modelling work isn't as good or efficient as it can be.
-------------www.robg3d.com
Dangerous way to think? Im clearly saying that with the textures im doing it should bring the sci-fi genre feal and look into the models
Quote:Original post by Decals
Dangerous way to think? Im clearly saying that with the textures im doing it should bring the sci-fi genre feal and look into the models

he is simply just saying, try to make your models to have a sci-fi look and to where the textures only compliment this look... but don't rely purely on the textures to produce the look your want.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Jarrod's got it right. If your models don't look sci-fi before textures, they won't look as great as they can after textures. I'm talking more about design here than actual modelling. If the scene doesn't look sci-fi now, after all modelling is complete, no amount of texture and lighting can make it look anything beyond a normal cantina with sci-fi wallpaper (which is all texturing really is).
-------------www.robg3d.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement