• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shaquill

Pixel Shader Debugging

This topic is 4337 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I often visit here nowadays.^^ Anyway my question is pixel shader debugging. My application works fine until now. but when I tried to debug shader I found something wrong. vertex shader debugging is no problem but never step into pixel shader function. ( Break point looks like "?". you know...) I don't know why. DX sample is works well. So I think it's my application's problem. After "Direct3DCreate9( D3D_SDK_VERSION );" line Output window says... "D3D9 Helper: Enhanced D3DDebugging disabled; Application was not compiled with D3D_DEBUG_INFO" In my application I wrapped dx framework suck as d3dapp.h/cpp... instead of DXUT. because old framework is more comfortable for me..^^; And when I load a model, dialog box pop up. "The shader 'PS' has no file information associated with it. Source-level debugging will not work. Shader and effects should be compiled with the D3DX*FromFile()APIs to genetrate file information."

Advertisement
I missed somthing in my application.

First, in pixel shader
I use the texture that I set in application.
tex2D(TextureSampler, Tex);// Added this line in PS()
And I could debug pixel shader, too.

Second as output window says
I defined D3D_DEBUG_INFO like below.
#if defined(DEBUG) || defined(_DEBUG)
#define D3D_DEBUG_INFO
#endif

Sorry for bothering you.
But I'm still wondering why I can't debug
pixel shader when SetTexture() called and don't use
the texture in PS().

So...I solved my question anyway..^^;;

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!