• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

anyone use JMonkey

This topic is 4179 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If someone uses JMonkey to write games, can you please help me get mine to compile. The forum on their help website is prety dead and I've been stuck trying to compile a piece of code for a few hrs with no success. Im using JCreator and when I compile, It tells me that the import com.jme packages do not exist.

Advertisement
This is not a problem with JMonkey. When developing with Java, you need to understand the 'classpath' and how to set up your development environment (in this case, JCreator) so that it can find the packages you use. The classpath is used by the compiler in order to know where to find the packages and classes you import. The classpath is also used by the VM when running a Java application in order to find the classes the application uses at run time.

Somewhere in JCreator's project options you will find a setting that allows you to specify jar files and/or class directories to add to the classpath. Add the JavaMonkey jars there. All Java IDEs have such an option, though they all handle it differently enough that I can't give you specifics on JCreator (I generally use Eclipse and Netbeans).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement