• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PerfectPoint

Maya Unlimited 6.0 or 3Ds Max 7?

This topic is 4335 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi folks! Im familiar with Maya since ive spent the most time using the software, then again im just a beginner. But recently i been contemplating if i should get 3ds Max at all... Is worth getting something different just to try it out... Im interested in 2D and 3D modeling and animation and using the software will be without the doubt useful but is worth spending money on it? What do you guys/gals think?

Advertisement
If you just want to try it out and get a bit familiar with it, why buy the software when you can download the trial version?

It would be very wise to learn both, however you may want to master one first. Personally I use Maya and like it a lot, but both software packages are extremely well made. Knowing both will really help you in the long run when you're looking for a job too since it seems so many studios are using one or the other. Actually Discrete did release a new file format designed to move between Maya and Max, so this should make the transition even easier.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!