• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[MDX] Intersection testing (via Mesh.Intersect(...))

This topic is 4179 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi folks! I have some issues testing intersection between two meshes on triangle level. That's what I do: Vector3[] rays = Vector3.TransformCoordinate(Vector3.TransformCoordinate(node.GetIntersectionRays(ref device), node.combinedTransform), Matrix.Invert(this.combinedTransform)); IntersectInformation info; for (int i = 0; i < rays.Length - 1; i++) { if (this.nodeMesh.Intersect(rays[i], rays[i + 1] - rays[i], out info)) { if (info.Dist < Vector3.Length(rays[i + 1] - rays[i])) { m_bCollision = true; node.m_bCollision = true; return; } } } I thought to have done everything properly... I apply the Mesh's combined transform to the (untransformed) vertices and then the inverse transform of the Mesh I call Mesh.Intersect(...) on. Still, I get Intersections when there can't be any. Can someone have a look at the code and tell me, if I erred somewhere? Thanks, Martin

Advertisement
I solved it!
Apart from some smaller bugs and inefficiencies in my code, that I fixed, the main problem was the length of the vector representing the ray's direction. It has to have to have the length of 1. Even though I can't really tell why that is so, I don't get any wrong intersections when normalizing the direction vector.

So long,

Martin

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement