Good Java eBooks,tuts,etc

Started by
2 comments, last by programwizard 17 years, 8 months ago
Well i have the Java 1.5.7 SDK and the NetBeans 5.0 IDE already. Where can i get books or info to learn java that are extremely simple that anyone can learn from em. Thanks for the help.
Advertisement
I'd recommend Sun's Java tutorial. It covers everything from Hello World to making a GUI with Swing. The For Beginners FAQ has a few links too. A Google search also turns up many others.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
Oh yeah i know abotu google but i was mainly asking for ones that were proven to teach java well you know personal experiences and all =P

But i cant be online alot(dial up) and was probably thinking if there was good ebooks,etc that i could D/L and use ofline

thanks for the help
There is Bruce Eckel's Thinking in Java that you can download for free. I've read it, and it is a nice book.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement