• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lordcorm

Post Helper: All Beginners Come!

This topic is 4361 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok hey everone, Just to give you a little inform im going to doing post for the beginners called post helper and ask if the pro's would help out by repling so we can help the very very young beginners. Here i will list questions and ask if you "pro's" can come and anserw them i will make this post with all the questions ive seen repeatedly and Beginners can come here and find there question with the anserw (as soon as someone replies with an anwser i will add it to the end of the question so lets try to keep this ontop of the list to stop stuff from repeating! (i would perfure links to websites if the question calls for it) Here are the questions:
  1. Where is the best place to start?
  2. Whats the best programming language to use?
  3. How do i add graphic's/images/spites to my game(assuming C++)?
  4. What are the best programs for a beginner(compilers,graphics,ect..)?
  5. Where is the best place to start for making an engine?
  6. Why Pointers?
  7. How do i save and open files in a program, such as saving a game and opening it (assuming C++)?
  8. How do links work?
  9. How dose Direct X SDK work?
  10. How dose Direct X work or why should i use it in my games?
  11. What is OpenLG and how dose it work?
  12. Whats the best "type" of game to start?
Ok guys there you go for the beginners (such as my self) and the pro's. I will try to post as often new questions.

Advertisement
The answers to most, if not all, of these questions are available elsewhere on the site. If people don't look there first, what makes you think they will look here first?

Has anyone noted how out of date the begginner section of the site has gotten? Some of the articles are still usefull but nothing has change on it in three years.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!