• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kickkick

VC 2005 Ekspress ERR

This topic is 4483 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to compile an open source game called Tremulous. I've ported it to VC2005E. Fixed all the error messages. Everything compiles, up to this point: fatal error LNK1120: 29 unresolved externals __imp__joyGetDevCapsW@12 __imp__midiInStart@4 __imp__timeEndPeriod@4 _send@16 _gethostbyname@4 socket@12 _WSAGetLastError@0 _inet_addr@4 and so on... I can see that these are Windows functions. I've searched my whole harddrive (DXSDK, PSDK) for these functions. Here's what I've found: 1. They are declared in MMSystem.h but not defined anywhere. 2. There are samples cpp files that use such functions (in the PSDK). Is it up to me to implement these functions? WTF? Is it that Tremulous is written in C, but there is only support for C++? (I doubt this one) THX in advance.

Advertisement
You need to link to the import libraries for WinMM and winsock. You can do that either somewhere in Project Settings or directly in the code like so:

# pragma comment (lib, "winmm.lib")
# pragma comment (lib, "ws2_32.lib")

Compiled OK.
The exe opens a window with some invalid unicode characters in the caption, and does nothing.

Well, that sucks. Any suggestions?

Examination reveals that I had to #undef UNICODE.
The game runs now, but the caption is Tremu, and there's some shit going on at the taskbar :]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!