• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Monkey Island 3 Problems

This topic is 4198 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, so I haven't played monkey island since I was eight so I decided to take a crack at it again. The problem is that none of the monkey island 3 cutscences work right. When they do play, they are going too fast(perhaps the cutscenes do not use timers) and when they always creat an error that says failed to lock the sound buffer. Anyone know how to fix this because the cutscenes are the best part.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Spoonbender
One word. ScummVM

I belive Monkey Island 3 was for windows already.

ridefast42: Maybe there is a problem with your Windows or your CD drive. Try installing the game in another machine to see if the CDs are ok.

yea, scummvm isnt needed for Monkey Island 3..
Monkey Island 1 and 2 on the other hand needs it..

Ok i'll try it on another machine. The game runs fine except for the cutscenes and the intro cutscene runs flawlessly so I don't know what could be wrong. Monkey island 3 was built for windows 95 using directx 5 but it should work on windows xp sp 2 with directx 9 right?

EDIT: My other computer doens't run it, it says something along the lines of:"Adaptect USBsomething requires at least 16 bit color to something"

EDIT2: I think my original problem is due to the fact that I have integrated sound that may not entirely support directx.

It runs just fine for me on Windows XP Home with SP2 and DirectX9. You could try running it as compatible with Windows 95 (right click the exe file, select properties, choose the compatability tab, and check the 'run this program in compatibility mode' and choose Windows 95.)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Use the CMI Launcher which can be downloaded at http://quick.mixnmojo.com

It fixes the 'fast cutscene' problem that occurs when playing on Windows XP.

This topic is 4198 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.