• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Compiler Issues with VC++ 7.0 .net

This topic is 4209 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm having an issue with the linker giving me a LNK1104, EngineShell fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'Debug/EngineShell.exe' this is the only message I get. my program was compiling/building normally up until the latest security update for windows. Did the security update cause some file attribute changes that the compiler is unaware of? I have 8.5Gig on my harddrive, so I don't think it's lack of diskspace giving me this error. Anyone else having similar issue since Latest Windows update on 8/8/06? I've checked all the file attributes in my folders, and nothing is checked. Please, any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance! - Sturm

Advertisement
I discovered that the program was leaving a process thread running, which I terminated from Task Manager.

My problem now is that the compiled build leaves a process thread running even when I post a window quit message (clicking 'X' on my window).

Ah, going over my quit code just revealed the problem. I was using a g_hWnd to create the window, and quitting with a 'hWnd' handle.

Just goes to show, a simple mistype can lead you down a very interesting path. :D

Hope this helps anyone else who may have a similar compiler issue later on.

Take care all!

- Sturm

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement