• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sturmritter

Compiler Issues with VC++ 7.0 .net

This topic is 4392 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm having an issue with the linker giving me a LNK1104, EngineShell fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'Debug/EngineShell.exe' this is the only message I get. my program was compiling/building normally up until the latest security update for windows. Did the security update cause some file attribute changes that the compiler is unaware of? I have 8.5Gig on my harddrive, so I don't think it's lack of diskspace giving me this error. Anyone else having similar issue since Latest Windows update on 8/8/06? I've checked all the file attributes in my folders, and nothing is checked. Please, any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance! - Sturm

Advertisement
I discovered that the program was leaving a process thread running, which I terminated from Task Manager.

My problem now is that the compiled build leaves a process thread running even when I post a window quit message (clicking 'X' on my window).

Ah, going over my quit code just revealed the problem. I was using a g_hWnd to create the window, and quitting with a 'hWnd' handle.

Just goes to show, a simple mistype can lead you down a very interesting path. :D

Hope this helps anyone else who may have a similar compiler issue later on.

Take care all!

- Sturm

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!