isometric rpg engine

Started by
1 comment, last by mvBarracuda 17 years, 8 months ago
im looking for a iso rpg engine, preferably something very easy to use. thanks
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by 9sam1
im looking for a iso rpg engine, preferably something very easy to use. thanks

Give more information if you want people to give you good recommendations. Properietary or open source? Free, cheap, or price doesn't matter? Cross-platform, or machine specific? Any specific libraries, languages, or file formats you are wishing to use?

The only isometric RPG engine I know of is FIFE. It's still in development, but they have released working versions of the engine already, and its free and open source as well. [grin]

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

As Roots said: we'll need more information before we can give you a good advice. What kind of project are you planning to do? If you already got the whole story and concept written down, I wouldn't go for FIFE because it's not ready to go straight into production with it yet.

I'm the FIFE project manager and the engine is currently slowly moving from pre-alpha to alpha status. We just implemented a basic NPC scripting system but this is far from being finished or even usable. If your project is a long-term one I can recommend FIFE; though we had some progress slowdowns now and then (I guess that's quite normal for open source projects) we're making slow but steady progress.

If you got more questions about the engine I can answer them here. For a general introduction, have a look at these two threads:
Short FIFE introduction
FIFE help wanted thread with lots of useful information
-----PARPG - open source isometric 2d old school RPG still looking for interested contributors

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement