• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Havok1989

Ragdolls

This topic is 4360 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I love them but is there anywhere i can find a tut on how to code them ? I would really like to use them in game projects i love spraying a extra clip into them or throw a grenade next to it and see it fly or that they are falling over a edge very slowely. Take a example of HL2's ragdolls that's what im talking about now i don't exactly need to same but i just need a tut on how to make them. I hope anyone can help me with this. Thnx allready.

Advertisement
Im not registered there and not planning cause they don't need to know where i live >_< is there maybe another site or can u copy and paste that article plz ? :$

How long have you been programming. That's gamasutra, it has tons of helpful articles about programming. It's completely safe. Also you can enter in fake information. Hope that helps. The article is multiple pages.

o ok,

Well actually for a while well not actually developing but testing how to work with VS when i got to learn the environment a bit i started to learn basics of C++ and than i learned basics of DirectX and i actually started trying to code things a couple of days ago i had a game project long time but kept doing new things for it than thought about something else did something else with it i didn't know what i want and now i know :

Build everything myself with D3D and the guy that made a music pack for us totally supports my project im slowely getting help im not gonna make this project public and im not gonna tell who that will come when i released trailers / demo of the game :)

EDIT : THNX ALLOT jjd for this article it's exactly what i need thnx :)

Quote:
Original post by Havok1989
EDIT : THNX ALLOT jjd for this article it's exactly what i need thnx :)

Actually... you think it is... but you'll find that when it comes to implementing it in 3D it's really really hard to set up the constraints on the joint limits. Also friction and robust collision handling is a real pain. If you want to go this route check this link (and the things it references. Also Steve Bromley posted his code and info here.

My opinion is that an impulse-based sim is actually simpler (certainly less "hacky") to code, test and use. Whatever route you go - have fun experimenting :)

im still learning DirectX coding i wanna learn many things in C++ coding i know this is hard but even tho it can take me a long time to figure it out it's fun :) and great learning experience wich i can use again in future projects even pro's need to learn more things like VALVe was figuring out how to implement HDR aswell they were talking about it but still took them a long time figuring it out :).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!