• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
akuda

Migrating to MSVC (newbie question)

This topic is 4455 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, After few weeks of development, I want to migrate with my project to MSVC2005E. Project contains about 50 header files, in different directories. And... while compiling, it show's up something like "unable to find file "something.h" " which is simply in some subdirectories. How to force the compiler to look for them in special places? Sorry for total noob question, but as funny I've found it, I didn't slove it... I found some reference paths for linker, but not for compiler :). Idea of correcting #incudes in every single file sounds stupid to me...

Advertisement
Project settings -> C++ -> General -> Additional Include directories

You can add them there (E.g. I have "$(SolutionDir)/Engine";"$(SolutionDir)/Game") and that will set them up for your current project only, or you can add them to Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories, and select "Include files" from the droplist in the top right. That'll add those directories for every project you open with that IDE.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!