Sign in to follow this  

Update SDK trouble

This topic is 4176 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I tried to update directx to august 2006 version but I run into trouble. I got "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file...", I don't have any Direct3D debug button and I don't have any DirectX help library. The control panel setting is on debug, I have tried to reinstall the SDK and also added "...Microsoft DirectX SDK\Include" to "VC++ Directories". Anybody that have any tips, is there something I have forgotten? (I'm using Visual Studio 2005)

Quote:
Original post by vidalsasoon
I got this error too. I think it's a bug.

So you're using an older version instead?

Well, looks like 2003 works fine with it .. at least so far. And it let me compile and run a 2005 sample c++ project with no problems.

Set the Control Panel DX screen to use all Debug versions and tested debug and non debug options and no problems.

Of course I also have the June version on my computer still. Do you have both versions installed or did you remove the June version ? Other than that being the reason why its working for me and not yourselves I can't think of anything else at present.

Quote:
Original post by Xrystal
Well, looks like 2003 works fine with it .. at least so far. And it let me compile and run a 2005 sample c++ project with no problems.

Set the Control Panel DX screen to use all Debug versions and tested debug and non debug options and no problems.

Of course I also have the June version on my computer still. Do you have both versions installed or did you remove the June version ? Other than that being the reason why its working for me and not yourselves I can't think of anything else at present.

I installed june sdk, then things started to work.

Having multiple installations of the same major version is likely to cause problems. You should uninstall any existing v9 SDK's.

For example, I have quite happily had a DX8.1 and DX9 SDK installed and configured with no magic on my part nor any problems. However, I always uninstall the previous v9 update before installing a newer one - I recently uninstalled December'05 and then installed August'06.

Side-by-side installations aren't a supported scenario, so if you have found a problem by trying it then you'll be on your own [smile]

You might be able to get it to work by manually reconfiguring your include/lib paths in the IDE.

hth
Jack

Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
Having multiple installations of the same major version is likely to cause problems. You should uninstall any existing v9 SDK's.

For example, I have quite happily had a DX8.1 and DX9 SDK installed and configured with no magic on my part nor any problems. However, I always uninstall the previous v9 update before installing a newer one - I recently uninstalled December'05 and then installed August'06.

Side-by-side installations aren't a supported scenario, so if you have found a problem by trying it then you'll be on your own [smile]

You might be able to get it to work by manually reconfiguring your include/lib paths in the IDE.

hth
Jack

By some reason August'06 did'nt work for me, I tried to install it a couple of times and it was the only SDK on the OS. Then I installed june'06 and things started to work again

Sign in to follow this