• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DJ brendo

Beginner: How Do You Get Real Art To Become Computer Sprites?

This topic is 4482 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have an artist who can draw. I want to take her art and transfer it onto computer to use as backgrounds, sprites, and animation strips. What is the best way for us to that? Graphic Designer?, A piece of software? Scan it? I don't know, please help?

Advertisement
well unless your friend is doing this drawing digitally you will have to scan it in somehow. I believe when you scan it in you have the option of what format you want it to be saved as (.bmp, .png, .tga, etc...) However, unless you have a really high-rez scanner this is not going to be very useful for the purposes of creating a game. You're much better off finding someone who knows how to use a digital content creation package a la Photoshop to create this sort of thing for you.

Scan a rough sketch, then retouch it using a tool like Photoshop driven by a digitizing tablet. You can't immediately use scanned images unless you have a very high resolution, high quality acquisition device.

Thanks for this info, I am meeting with the artist this afternoon. I'm starting to realize that the creation of game art work is best created on a computer.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!