Beginner: How Do You Get Real Art To Become Computer Sprites?

Started by
2 comments, last by DJ brendo 17 years, 8 months ago
I have an artist who can draw. I want to take her art and transfer it onto computer to use as backgrounds, sprites, and animation strips. What is the best way for us to that? Graphic Designer?, A piece of software? Scan it? I don't know, please help?
Advertisement
well unless your friend is doing this drawing digitally you will have to scan it in somehow. I believe when you scan it in you have the option of what format you want it to be saved as (.bmp, .png, .tga, etc...) However, unless you have a really high-rez scanner this is not going to be very useful for the purposes of creating a game. You're much better off finding someone who knows how to use a digital content creation package a la Photoshop to create this sort of thing for you.
Scan a rough sketch, then retouch it using a tool like Photoshop driven by a digitizing tablet. You can't immediately use scanned images unless you have a very high resolution, high quality acquisition device.
Thanks for this info, I am meeting with the artist this afternoon. I'm starting to realize that the creation of game art work is best created on a computer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement