• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
blaze02

textures and blending

This topic is 4508 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've decided to change the src/dst blending operation to reverse subtract for an effect that I am doing. It appears that the result is not clamped to 0. It looks like it wraps passed the negatives and up to full color. Am I mistaken, or should it clamp to 0 when reverse subtracting? I've also decided to up the accuracy of my render-to texture. The texture is a normal map that gets generated during the scene. It is used to environment map an object. Before, I used D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8. The reflections work very well with D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F. But a weird problem occurs with D3DFMT_A32B32G32R32F and D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16. My blending messes up. I have alphablending enabled, srcblend = srcalpha, destblend = one. When the latter 2 textures are used, it looks like alpha blending gets disabled. What kind of limitatios do I need to worry about when using different texture formats? Do I need to worry about anything special when I render to them? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!