• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

No Debugging Information

This topic is 4268 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using Visual Studio 2005 and every time I press "Start Debugging" the No Debugging Information dialog pops up. I have had it befor and just rebuilt the program and it didn't show up on the next try. But today it started poping up every time no matter what. I didn't make any changes other then changeing code so i am at a loss as to why it is doing it all the time. Because of this if i press continue debugging none of the break points work. Anyone have any clue what could be causeing this to happen? any help would be appriciated

Advertisement
Maybe you really don't have debug information in your executable? VC++8 doesn't turn debug symbols on by default.

Go to your Project Settings, and under C++ (I forget which subheading), there's an option called "Debug Information Format," change that to anything but disabled. Then under Linker, go to the Debugging subheader and make sure "Generate Debug Info" is set to enabled.

That should take care of the popups and make your breakpoints work.

-Auron

All of that stuff is already setup and i still get that popup. I have checked and "project.pdb" file is in the same directory as the EXE. The exact message that shows up is:

titile: No Debugging information

message: Debugging information for 'project.exe' cannot be found or does not match. No symbols loaded

Do you want to continue debugging?

On top of makeing sure everything you said was/is setup like you said i went to 'Tools' -> 'Options...' and under 'Debugging' -> 'Symbols' and set VS to search for the .pdb file where it is in the projects debugging exe. This makes me think that for some reason the information in the .pdb file does not match the exe. However i can seem to figure out what to do to fix it.

Done that already as well. I deleted the debug directory and then rebuilt it and still had the same problem. Not sure if any of this will help but putting up some images of my project settings related to debugging info.

also the message box that wont stop showing up

I desperately need to fix this problem so I can get back to debugging my project. So if anyone knows why that dialog keeps showing up please point me in the right direction.

[Edited by - Mortizar on August 13, 2006 3:28:32 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement