Sign in to follow this  

Microsoft Toolkit 2003/2005

This topic is 4167 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I'm using Code::blocks with the compiler of my Visual Studio 2003. I was just wondering if anyone out there knows a link where i can still download the 2003 Toolkit, because ms just redirects everything to their 2005 express page. I want this because i don't really feel like installing Visual Studio on every PC just because i want to use its c++ compiler :). For the same reason i don't want to use express. Does anyone have a link? Or is there a 2005 toolkit out there without having to download the complete IDE? Thanks very much. Greetings.

there never was a 2005 toolkit. i think i have the 2003 toolkit somewhere, but i'd have to find it through a lot of junk (I've seem to have lost my developer's tools dvd). best thing you can do i believe is take the files from your 2003's VC/bin and Platform SDK directories and save them somewhere (the IDE eventually invokes the command line programs cl.exe and link.exe anyways). then it should only be a matter of setting a number of environment variables and whether you have Visual Studio installed or not you should be able to use cl.exe and link.exe from the command line as you please (though whether or not you'd want to is a different story).

Yeah, that's how i do it now, but i don't really like this approach for multiple reasons.

Sign in to follow this