• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[MSVC++ 2005 Express] Configuring a 'current' directory?

This topic is 4177 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A beginner-level-ish question that has been eluding me for the last couple of days, regarding Visual C++ 2005 Express: How does one go about configuring a directory that the program will 'run' from? I need to access various files to load game resources upon startup, but if I run it from the IDE it always sits me in the $(SolutionDir) irregardless of if I change the Intermediate Dir or the Output Dir. However, it properly outputs my executable to the correct directory, so if I run it from there by hand, there are no issues. For example: It outputs the executable to: /MyGame/Game.exe It puts the current dir upon running from the IDE to: /MyGame/ProjectName/ Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm stumped. [smile]

Advertisement
You can set up the startup directory under Project->Properties->Configuration Properties->Debugging->Working Directory and set that to the directory you want to use. I usually set up a separate "Assets" directory when I'm debugging.

jfl.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement