Suite

Started by
3 comments, last by tstrimp 17 years, 8 months ago
For a vacation job, I'm (amongst other things) sending Fedex packets to locations all over the world. In U.S. addresses, it has come to my attention that they're often addressed to a "Suite". In Dutch, a suite is a luxuary hotel room. When a U.S. address is a suite, is that a luxuary hotel room as well? I sort of doubt it because I can't believe so many U.S. residents would spend all their life in a suite.
Advertisement
In the US, a suite definitely can mean a luxury hotel room, but it also can be used as a nicer way to describe an apartment or office.

-Jeff
In this context, a suite is office space for one company in a building housing many companies.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Quote:Original post by Lode
I sort of doubt it because I can't believe so many U.S. residents would spend all their life in a suite.

In regards to it's meaning in the states, that's actually quite ironic and woefully true.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Quote:Original post by Salsa
Quote:Original post by Lode
I sort of doubt it because I can't believe so many U.S. residents would spend all their life in a suite.

In regards to it's meaning in the states, that's actually quite ironic and woefully true.

I spend around 9 hours a day there. Suite #3...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement