Which is the best

Started by
2 comments, last by Mushu 17 years, 8 months ago
Hello,I would like to ask about which is the best and fastest method to create a terain: a)Create the terain within a 3d studio(possibly using a heightmap) and then load the model b)Load the height map to the application and then create the terain at load time c)Use some algorithm like fault algorithm in the application. thanks
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Lord_Vader
Hello,I would like to ask about which is the best and fastest method to create a terain:

a)Create the terain within a 3d studio(possibly using a heightmap) and then load the model
b)Load the height map to the application and then create the terain at load time
c)Use some algorithm like fault algorithm in the application.

thanks

Thats all open to personal interpretation. I like the HM method personally, but I know people who are using .3ds model meshes. Just depends on what you want to do. If you use .3ds you limit the person to having to know how to use a modeling package or have access to one. With a HM a person can use a free paint program, but its harder to visualize the results compared to modeler. The last IMO is ok for random terrain where you have less control over the terrain in the way it looks to an extent compared to the other two methods... So IMO I choose in order B,A,C
I second the height map recommendation. [/opinion]
I second the height map recommendation. [/opinion]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement