(More) Effective C++ books

Started by
1 comment, last by magoora 17 years, 8 months ago
Wasn't really sure which forum this belongs in so here goes... So I borrowed "Effective C++" and "More Effective C++" a while ago, and figured it's about time I got my own copies. Thing is, I see "Effective C++" is in it's 3rd Edition (2005) and that more than half the content in it is new since the 2nd Edition. "More Effective C++" was out in 1996. Does anyone know whether the 3rd Edition actually therefore contains all the stuff that had previously been printed in "More...", or do I still need to get both? Thanks!
Advertisement
I've got all of those books (unfortunately not on me). Too my knowledge, while stuff was added in 3rd edition, it does not include stuff from "More ..." (might overlap a little). In fact, if I remember correctly, there was even stuff left out of the 3rd edition that was in 2nd edition.

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

I'm reading Effective c++ currently, so have it ready to hand.
From the preface: http://aristeia.com/BookErrata/ec++3e-errata_frames.html shows changes from the previous editions.

Also from the preface, the new edition focusses on template issues, significant use of boost/tr1, exceptions, design patterns, and resource management.

Haven't read More Effective c++ yet, so don't know how that factors in.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement