Sign in to follow this  
ildave1

Breakout Returns Released

ildave1    561
Description Breakout Returns has been a project of mine that I have been working on for the past month, off and on. This is my first completed solo game development project and I believe it went rather well. Here, I wanted to bring a unique style of play to the user, other than the traditional clearing of the entire level to progress. I have designed a challenge that will give you 7 levels, 7 minutes and 2 lives to destroy as many blocks as you can. Once you have lost your lives, or completed the levels, the game will end, or you will make the high score list. There is not a visual cue to let you know how much time you have left. If you have audio, you are at an advantage as you will be provided with an notification once you have 10 seconds remaining. There are several power ups that you can gain to assist you in the clearing of the blocks, or they can hinder you; all depending on how well you handle them. Some of the power ups include: Sluggish Ball - Will freeze ball in place, then it will fire it in an unknown direction Haze - This will cover the game play area with a fog of clouds, slowing the game a small amount Shooter Paddle - Allows the paddle to shoot a laser at the blocks for a duration of time Shrink Paddle - Decreases the size of the paddle Grow Paddle - Increases the size of the paddle And more... There are two modes in the game, Challenge and Practice. You can choose to jump into practice mode (shown in the picture above) to select any level that you wish to become familiar with, before going into the challenge. There are still a few problems with the game, but they don't seem to be much of a problem, unless your patience is limited. :)
You can download it here: Download Breakout Returns Version 1.0 If you get a problem with, "This application failed to start...", you will need to download the redistribution package (~2MB) Here Other than that, I hope you get a kick out of it and that it provides a short duration of fun while you're at work, school or just hanging out. Regards, - David McGraw - Contact me on AIM (aim marine), Yahoo (ildave1), or via PM if you have any questions [Edited by - ildave1 on August 17, 2006 12:44:53 PM]

Sign in to follow this