FEAR Combat

Started by
26 comments, last by nullsquared 17 years, 8 months ago
Didn't see this here, so if it was posted please close [wink]. FEAR Combat is availible for download at JoinFear. It's the same component as the FEAR Multiplayer, except it's free. You can play against other Combat players as well as retail FEAR players online. This is the FULL multiplayer component, not a demo. <offtopic>How does BitTorrent work, exactly? Peer-to-peer, right? Does that mean that the more people downloading the same thing at the same time the faster speed? Because as more "peers" appeared, my download speed got better and better. If it IS this way, let's all download with the BitTorrent [lol].</offtopic> Also, I hate to break it to some of you, but the download is 1.8GB. [Edited by - agi_shi on August 17, 2006 1:02:51 PM]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by agi_shi
Didn't see this here, so if it was posted please close [wink].

FEAR Combat is availible for download at JoinFear. It's the same component as the FEAR Multiplayer, except it's free.

You can play against other Combat players as well as retail FEAR players online. This is the FULL multiplayer component, not a demo.

<offtopic>How does BitTorrent work, exactly? Peer-to-peer, right? Does that mean that the more people downloading the same thing at the same time the faster speed? Because as more "peers" appeared, my download speed got better and better.</offtopic>

But you still need to buy FEAR?
----------------------------

http://djoubert.co.uk
Quote:Original post by dawidjoubert
Didn't see this here, so if it was posted please close [wink].

FEAR Combat is availible for download at JoinFear. It's the same component as the FEAR Multiplayer, except it's free.

You can play against other Combat players as well as retail FEAR players online. This is the FULL multiplayer component, not a demo.

<offtopic>How does BitTorrent work, exactly? Peer-to-peer, right? Does that mean that the more people downloading the same thing at the same time the faster speed? Because as more "peers" appeared, my download speed got better and better.</offtopic>

But you still need to buy FEAR?

Nope. This is the full Multiplayer component of FEAR, renamed FEAR Combat. You play against other FEAR Combat / retail FEAR Multiplayer players online.

EDIT: This explains it. You can also [google] for "FEAR Combat" and read news from other places.
So it's like if HL2 Deathmatch was available for free on steam but not HL2 itself so you still need to buy it if you want to play the single player game from what I understand.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Quote:Original post by daviangel
So it's like if HL2 Deathmatch was available for free on steam but not HL2 itself so you still need to buy it if you want to play the single player game from what I understand.
Yeah. FEAR multiplayer component being free is kinda like HL2 multiplayer component being free, except the game is FEAR and not HL2. And HL2 multiplayer component doesn't happen to be free. Great analogy, it really helped me understand this complex matter. Thanks.
<offtopic>How does BitTorrent work, exactly? Peer-to-peer, right? Does that mean that the more people downloading the same thing at the same time the faster speed? Because as more "peers" appeared, my download speed got better and better.
Yup, exactly. As you download parts of the file, you make the available for upload to other peers. The more people are downloading (peers), the more are uploading.
Seeds are people who have a complete copy of the file(s) and are only uploading.
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
<offtopic>How does BitTorrent work, exactly? Peer-to-peer, right? Does that mean that the more people downloading the same thing at the same time the faster speed? Because as more "peers" appeared, my download speed got better and better.
Yup, exactly. As you download parts of the file, you make the available for upload to other peers. The more people are downloading (peers), the more are uploading.
Seeds are people who have a complete copy of the file(s) and are only uploading.

Ahh, now I see. Thanks for explaing this, I have always wondered.

Anyways, only 12 more hours to go! [grin]
Quote:Original post by civguy
Quote:Original post by daviangel
Yeah. FEAR multiplayer component being free is kinda like HL2 multiplayer component being free, except the game is FEAR and not HL2. And HL2 multiplayer component doesn't happen to be free. Great analogy, it really helped me understand this complex matter. Thanks.

Whats so complex?

FEAR.
Multiplayer.
FREE.

Go get it!
Thanks, agi_shi! =)

Anyone know why certain torrent clients seem to work better than others? O_o
________________________Quote:OluseyiI knew of a "Christian" couple in Nigeria who named their child "God's End-time Battle Axe." I kid you not.
I got it from here at 500KB/s, some of you might want to try there.

Also, this game is awesome! This is the first time I've played a game online, and I must say it rocks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement