Asteroids Clone

Started by
-1 comments, last by mako_5 17 years, 8 months ago
This just shows a simple explosion effect. The instructional state that I made using Microsoft paint and GIMP. Provides info on controls and ship armament. This shows further engine particle effects. From an earlier unfinished version, but is the same visual used later. Hello everyone! I've spent the last two months working on an Asteroids clone in LWJGL (in Java), and it's my first real game (I've also done chess with AI and Java's swing API). It's completely finished with the exception of sound (I have no music to provide and will take time to make sound effects), but I'd like your opinions on it so far. Download here and just unzip and click on "planet_defender.jar" EDIT: I've heard there's been some difficulty with not correctly displaying on some systems (looks like black lines with display behind it). If you encounter this problem, any system info (OS, Java version, etc.) would be appreciated as I begin to try to isolate and fix the problem. [Edited by - mako_5 on August 21, 2006 8:00:33 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement