Sign in to follow this  
mako_5

[4E5] Beer == Allowable Content?

Recommended Posts

mako_5    103
This is a rules question about content. Is the large scale use of alcohol as a major game component permitted? (I know everyone is probably laughing at me, but this is an honest question, to see if I should continue pursuing a game idea I have)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
I don't see why not.
"I can't get enough of that wonderful stuff"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taymo    122
Quote:
Original post by mako_5
(I know everyone is probably laughing at me, but this is an honest question, to see if I should continue pursuing a game idea I have)

Actually they might be laughing at the fact that starting a game this soon to the deadline would be a bad idea.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mako_5    103
My architecture is good (spent the last year making, throwing away, and then putting back together a good 2D one), so I'm not planning on "wowing" people with graphics. I have no 3D engine that took years to do, but rather going for a completely new game, with semi-retro graphics. No offense to those of you who have uber-awesome per pixel or per vertex or any other GPU awesome stuff, I'm just not to that point yet (and will probably never be as much as I may try).

EDIT: As a beginner game developer (just released my first game in "Announcements"), I don't really think I'll have a chance to win anything in the competition, just want to be able to say that I at least entered something. Besides, can a single novice compete with all of the other incredible 3D engines that others are submitting? Getting artwork, music, and sound effects that you can use with no questions asked is hard, even with resource threads (they have to have stuff that fits your look and feel and etc., which can't exactly compete with professionally made stuff most other people will have). Even learning GIMP and Blender doesn't quite cut it. But hey, why not go for the "not done before" angle and go for ok 2D graphics and sound?

[Edited by - mako_5 on August 17, 2006 9:20:37 PM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Sapo    769
Quote:
Original post by Taymo
Quote:
Original post by mako_5
(I know everyone is probably laughing at me, but this is an honest question, to see if I should continue pursuing a game idea I have)

Actually they might be laughing at the fact that starting a game this soon to the deadline would be a bad idea.


Wow, way to be helpful....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superpig    1825
Quote:
Original post by Taymo
Quote:
Original post by mako_5
(I know everyone is probably laughing at me, but this is an honest question, to see if I should continue pursuing a game idea I have)

Actually they might be laughing at the fact that starting a game this soon to the deadline would be a bad idea.
You're kidding, right? We're not even half-way through yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Taymo
Quote:
Original post by mako_5
(I know everyone is probably laughing at me, but this is an honest question, to see if I should continue pursuing a game idea I have)

Actually they might be laughing at the fact that starting a game this soon to the deadline would be a bad idea.


Ok unless my browsers been lying to me... We still have over 3 months left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Programmer16    2321
Quote:
Original post by RAZORUNREAL
Speaking of which, is there a countdown somewhere? Watching the time slip by is good for motivation.


If you're a programmer, you could just make one. Have it pop up "inspiring" messages each day. "Hmm... another day has come and gone and what did you get done? Nothing. That's right, nothing." Atleast, that's what mine would say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TempHolder    100
Quote:
Original post by Programmer16
Quote:
Original post by RAZORUNREAL
Speaking of which, is there a countdown somewhere? Watching the time slip by is good for motivation.


If you're a programmer, you could just make one. Have it pop up "inspiring" messages each day. "Hmm... another day has come and gone and what did you get done? Nothing. That's right, nothing." Atleast, that's what mine would say.


lollerpops!!! I could imagine something like that, itll probally get me depressed instead of inspired though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAZORUNREAL    567
Haha, yeah, I could make one. It just doesn't seem like a good investement, so I was hoping someone else would do it :P. I'd probly use C++, cause that's what I know, and I'd have to work out how to subtract dates and take time zones into account and stuff. Would probly take longer than getting off my butt and finishing my menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this