[4E5] Beer == Allowable Content?

Started by
10 comments, last by RAZORUNREAL 17 years, 8 months ago
This is a rules question about content. Is the large scale use of alcohol as a major game component permitted? (I know everyone is probably laughing at me, but this is an honest question, to see if I should continue pursuing a game idea I have)
Advertisement
I don't see why not.
"I can't get enough of that wonderful stuff"
Quote:Original post by mako_5
(I know everyone is probably laughing at me, but this is an honest question, to see if I should continue pursuing a game idea I have)

Actually they might be laughing at the fact that starting a game this soon to the deadline would be a bad idea.

Dev Journal - Ride the Spiralhttp://spiralride.blogspot.com/
My architecture is good (spent the last year making, throwing away, and then putting back together a good 2D one), so I'm not planning on "wowing" people with graphics. I have no 3D engine that took years to do, but rather going for a completely new game, with semi-retro graphics. No offense to those of you who have uber-awesome per pixel or per vertex or any other GPU awesome stuff, I'm just not to that point yet (and will probably never be as much as I may try).

EDIT: As a beginner game developer (just released my first game in "Announcements"), I don't really think I'll have a chance to win anything in the competition, just want to be able to say that I at least entered something. Besides, can a single novice compete with all of the other incredible 3D engines that others are submitting? Getting artwork, music, and sound effects that you can use with no questions asked is hard, even with resource threads (they have to have stuff that fits your look and feel and etc., which can't exactly compete with professionally made stuff most other people will have). Even learning GIMP and Blender doesn't quite cut it. But hey, why not go for the "not done before" angle and go for ok 2D graphics and sound?

[Edited by - mako_5 on August 17, 2006 9:20:37 PM]
Given that superpig has said that a game about prostitution is okay - provided it was done tastefully - I don't see any reason why a game about alcohol sales would be any different.
Quote:Original post by Taymo
(I know everyone is probably laughing at me, but this is an honest question, to see if I should continue pursuing a game idea I have)

Actually they might be laughing at the fact that starting a game this soon to the deadline would be a bad idea.

Wow, way to be helpful....
My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)

You're kidding, right? We're not even half-way through yet.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Ok unless my browsers been lying to me... We still have over 3 months left
Speaking of which, is there a countdown somewhere? Watching the time slip by is good for motivation.
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
Quote:Original post by RAZORUNREAL
Speaking of which, is there a countdown somewhere? Watching the time slip by is good for motivation.

If you're a programmer, you could just make one. Have it pop up "inspiring" messages each day. "Hmm... another day has come and gone and what did you get done? Nothing. That's right, nothing." Atleast, that's what mine would say.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement