Sign in to follow this  

DirectX Hardware scan

This topic is 4128 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello I am looking to implement the functionality for scanning system hardware and determining if the user has adequate specifications for running my game....Things such as polling for available adaptors, resolution capabilities of those adaptors, vertex/pixel shader capabilities, tex memory, system memory etc... I once made a demo in DriectX 8.1 and the "common framework" basically provided all this functionality....I once looked through and it didnt seem too complicated...can someone recommend a resource for me to learn how to implement this system through DirectX? Thanking you in advance :)

You can get a lot of that information from the IDirect3D9 interface. Specifically the GetDeviceCaps() and the adaptor methods.

I'm sure there are some tutorials available online, but I learned how to do it with a combination of a book and MSDN (the link above). Sorry that I don't have to time right now to go into more detail, but it should be fairly easy to figure out.

Can anyone point me towards an implenation of this? Or tell me if there have been any significant changes from DirectX8.1 to DirectX9.....I was kind of familiar with the 'common framework' from DirectX 8 and noticed that there is a lot more fluff in how DXUT (DX9) handles this...

[Edited by - bobbinus on August 29, 2006 2:53:20 AM]

This topic is 4128 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.