actionscript

Started by
3 comments, last by Xetick 17 years, 8 months ago
I want to do a bit of actionscript 2.0 with an open source flash compiler mtasc. For web game development and a change from other gaming devlopments. Most code snippets or tutorials on flash don't use open source and they use flash IDE, so i don't know how to incorporate the code into an editor and compile it . q)eg this fits into where to compile manually with mtasc? createEmptyMovieClip ("gradient", 1); with (gradient) { colors = [0x323F2E, 0xD6E2D8 ]; alphas = [90,90]; ratios = [0,255]; matrix = {matrixType:"box", x:3, y:4, w:200, h:200, r:2} beginGradientFill ("linear", colors, alphas, ratios, matrix); moveTo(50,50); lineTo(50,200); lineTo(200,200); lineTo(200,50); lineTo(50,50); endFill(); } q) where can i find out how to program open source flash and does this forum have a place to post some questions about it?
Advertisement
I think by the lack of responses and the lack of information I found on google, actionscripts on mtasc seems a bad idea to learn with.

I can't learn a language with no information on how it works.
That's true, you can always download 30 days free trial for flash 8.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
That's true, you can always download 30 days free trial for flash 8.

I downloaded the trial 6 months ago and didn't really use it much. Now I do want to use it and i can't (expired). Also the trial is only basic version so you won't be able to do game play.

Get a version of the free FlashDevelop it's a small dream to work with that program compared to macromedias flash editor. However the docs from macromedia are good to have when looking up functions and such. But I think they might even exist online somewhere at macromedias site.
Using FlashDevelop you can build you own flash files from scratch if you want to.
Plane9 - Home of the free scene based music visualizer and screensaver

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement