Sign in to follow this  
dk32321

c++ question

dk32321    142
I got this c++ question, that i am having trouble on. Somehow i got the old turbo c++ compiler that has graphics.h to run on my winxp. When i make programs that go into graphics mode they work fine on my computer, but they dont even access the graphics mode when i try to test them on other windows xp machines. If somebody could help me with this problem i would appreciate it.

yadango    567
do you get an error like this one: "BGI Error: Graphics not initalized (use 'initgraph') when it tries to access the DOS graphics? if so, it's because the executable needs the files in the TurboC's BGI directory (all those CHR and BGI files). so when you call initgraph, save the directory string and copy over the extra files as well. to test, rename the BGI directory on your dev machine and you'll see it'll stop working even on your dev machine.

question: why are you using Borland's old DOS graphics library? it's quite outdated (though i was able to test because I own BC++ 3.1 - 5.0 and have them currently installed). i think this is the first time i've looked at BGI since over a decade!

[Edited by - yadango on August 19, 2006 2:10:12 AM]