Sign in to follow this  

torque help

This topic is 4134 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im a begining programmer but lol ... im really bad but i enjoy the concept. but my problem is im trying to get my own model into the engine but the camera rotates around a un seen object at the very bottem of the model i have tried everything but i can not ge tthe camera to revolve and rotate around the head or anywhere else. if you have any suggestions thank you. p.s when i mean everything i mean i tried everything lol but please help

Quote:
Original post by zeldatoothemax
im a begining programmer but lol ... im really bad but i enjoy the concept. but my problem is im trying to get my own model into the engine but the camera rotates around a un seen object at the very bottem of the model i have tried everything but i can not ge tthe camera to revolve and rotate around the head or anywhere else. if you have any suggestions thank you. p.s when i mean everything i mean i tried everything lol but please help

Have you tried using Torque Showtool Pro to view your models before loading them into torque?

I don't know much (well, anything) about Torque, but it sounds like your camera is rotating about the model's origin. Two ways to fix it, though I don't know which (if any) Torque supports:

You could change the model's origin, at design time, to be the centre of the head. Now your rotation code will work, but you'll possibly have problems with your model sinking below the floor.

Alternatively, if you're defining the camera's rotation yourself, you'll want to surround the rotate call with two (mutually inverse) translates to reposition the model so its head is at the origin at the moment of rotation.

Regards
Admiral

This topic is 4134 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.