General Programmers

Started by
508 comments, last by Slayer-X 20 years, 1 month ago
me 16, junior at high school. i wake up at 6:15 and goto school for a living. i'm taking a computer class, the only one geared totally towards computers, and it's fun but we don't even have computers, so i sit there and daydream about typing C++ code

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/mutex0

Advertisement
You sound almost exactly like me. I'm a sophmore and I just sit there and type C++ code then laugh my ass off at the teacher and the other people in the class because they are amazed at it and it confuses them..lol. I'm about to convince the teacher into letting the 2 or 3 other people who understand C++ and I make a game. I hope your school gets more computers.
I'm a Senior in High school now, and I am not taking any computer class. However, last year I took AP computer science (at age 17) and ended up teaching the class more often than my teacher did. Unlike some people, I did not laugh at him though. I just taught him what I knew.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited November 03, 1999).]

I'm 24.... does that make me the old man here?
Oh god! Looks like I'm the old man at 32, but I'm still a kid. Been working for Dynamix for 8 years now making games for a living. Started programming in junior high on a Commodore 64. Worked on many titles in the last 8 years... Silent Thunder, Earthsiege, Kings Quest: Mask of Eternity, Red Barron2, Tribes, Starsiege, etc. Currently working on Tribes2.

--Rick
Tribes Website

22 going on 23. Working in a business software company using Perl and it isn't database... mostly, but I do wish I were doing C++ - different department. I sometimes sit as I rest my eyes from the not as good computer hardware at work compared to what I have at home, and think about making a game. Then when I get home, I'm too dead tired to do anything. Argh. Ahh, to be at school/university again - so much free time... to study I mean, yeah...
JeranonGame maker wannabe.
I'm 17
I wish i had some damn motivation... Everytime i feel like programming i stop and do something else because i don't have a very good grasp on C/C++ programming. If I could get some descriptive Tutorials it would be great cause all my sources are pathetic.
I'm 16 and my HS has no good programming class so I just devote all of my free time to it. I know what mutex is talking about: I spend my study hall writing on scratch paper what I want to do next in the RPG engine I'm coding.

------------------
- mallen22@concentric.net
- http://members.tripod.com/mxf_entertainment/

Im 15, I'll be 16 in a few days. I took a programming class last year, but it was pathetic, and I ended up with about 120% by the end of the year. I was gonna take AP computer science this year, but my school took it off the list. It seems like all our schools suck... Anyway, I've been programing since the beginning of 9th grade (in 10th now) and I also devote just about all my free time to game programming.

------------------
http://qoy.tripod.com

I'm 23, a professional software engineer, I write satellite control interfaces. I've been programming since I was a little girl, wrote my first original game at age 12 on a TI99/4A (oh, to have things that simple again!)

-fel

~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement