General Programmers

Started by
508 comments, last by Slayer-X 20 years, 1 month ago
i''m 13. i have been programming for about 8 months now. I started out with programming on my ti-83 calculator make thing like games and applications. Then, i started learning C++. After about a month i was making text based games and applications. about three months later in december i came across the nehe website and read the tutorials that were there. i read some online opengl books and started to make more complicated programs. i''m in middle school right now and planning on taking many programming courses in high school. i''m waiting to get the 3d math primer book and "opengl game programming" soon.
Advertisement
I''m 4500 years old, started with an abacus while wetting my feet in the Nile river. Thought back then that it would be great to have DirectX (compatibility reasons) for drawing the interior walls of the Cheops pyramid.
Gotcha! Nobody''s reading this any more I bet.
18 years old, started programming C when I was 13, C++ when I was 16. Going to school for Software Engineering (major in Game Development) at UAT in Arizona. Somewhere between there I worked in PHP, started web development at 11 and have been doing it ever since.

Wrote my own text-based MUD engine, then finally moved into the graphics world (where I'm at right now).

[edited by - bkt on March 14, 2004 10:16:46 AM]
-John "bKT" Bellone [homepage] [[email=j.bellone@flipsidesoftware.com]email[/email]]
Bumping up something like this from that long ago should be illeagal. We should have a GameDev gestapo to sniff out people like bkt.

(Note if anyone here is offended by the gestapo remark, I apologize)
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.
I''m 15, been programming C++ for about 7 months. Just started ogl about a week ago (nehe)
and I''m a n00b to this site, it''s got WAY to many topics/osts for me to read and catch up on whats goning on here, so I''ll just have to try my best
____________________________________________________________Programmers Resource Central
Let this thread die in peace! I don''t see why people can''t check the date before they dig something like this up...
omg this thread is older than me!!!

i´m from argentina.... yes, that f**king 3rd world country... i´m 14, started programming in vb at 7 (i hope that day never existed... its hard to pass from vb to c++ :S...)
i went back to programming a year ago, meet some people that were in the same way than me, now we are full-time with this...

There are 10 kinds of people: The ones that knows binary system and the ones that not.
My name is Chris, and I''m an alcoholic...

blah blah blah.
My name is AP and I''m a necrophile...
My stuff.Shameless promotion: FreePop: The GPL god-sim.
a..ha, 25.
can''t believe Chinese old man can wrote game? anyway, i am beginner in game-programming field. it''s hopeful day, i love my corp. and my job.
I am From China, got it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement