Sign in to follow this  

problem with blitting render target onto backbuffer

This topic is 4133 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i've got a problem with blitting a render target onto backbuffer. Basically, i create a separate render target and set it to the current render target. I render particle effects and set the original backbuffer to the current render target. After that, I blit the separate render target onto backbuffer by rendering a full screen quad. The problem is that the final result looks different than what i would see if i just directly render particle effects onto backbuffer. It looks more transparent .. overall, RGBA value of blitted pixels looks decreased. Have anyone seen this problem before? thanks.

i do render alpha when rendering particle effects, but i'm not sure what kind of alphablending state the blit function is using. I'll have to look it up in the source codes since someone else wrote the function. I've been away from the work for a couple of days, and this problem kept bugging me these days. Actually, alpha blending mode is something that i thought about too ... is there any other cause for this problem?

This topic is 4133 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.