FPS AMOUNT PROBLEM

Started by
5 comments, last by i_luv_cplusplus 17 years, 8 months ago
Greetings This is my problem: I am trying to count the fps amount, but i never get higher rank that 75 fps which is my monitor freq. I disabled Vsync in driver properities in my gcard tab. I also read that ogl limit fps and synchronise it to monitor freq, but can we avoid this, so the rotating triangle in this example can have more then 75 fps??? I mean i want to know how much fps my computer can have with dealing with rotating triangle or other example. This is not code fault because i have this limit for every fps counter i write/found. Waitng for answears.
Advertisement
You didn't properly disable v-sync in your driver option panel. Make sure it is disabled, and not controlled by the application. Alternatively, you can also use the WGL_swap_control extension.

BTW, please don't post thread titles in all CAPS. That's considered as being quite rude.
Its considered to be YELLING! [smile]
I had this problem with directx. No matter how fast your video card is, if you leave the presentation interval at "default" or one, you never see your real speed. Switch your presentation interval to "immediate", otherwise it will always be capped at your refresh rate EVEN IF you have vysnc turned off. You absolutely need this for performance evaluation. (Umm, I';m assuming that OpenGL like directx has this option; would be very surprised if it doesn't.)
I use this function for disabling/enabling vsync

void SetVSync(bool sync){	typedef bool (APIENTRY *PFNWGLSWAPINTERVALFARPROC)(int);	PFNWGLSWAPINTERVALFARPROC wglSwapIntervalEXT = 0;	wglSwapIntervalEXT = (PFNWGLSWAPINTERVALFARPROC)wglGetProcAddress("wglSwapIntervalEXT");	if( wglSwapIntervalEXT )		wglSwapIntervalEXT(sync);};
OpenGL fanboy.
Hmm,I think it would be

typedef void (APIENTRY *PFNWGLSWAPINTERVALFARPROC)(int);

And you call this function in your Initialization function right?

and maybe some type casting? wglSwapIntervalEXT((int)sync);
But I dont think that makes any difference.
rofl :) I don't know how this function works but it does turn vsync on/off... instead of 60 fps I get around 180
OpenGL fanboy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement