"Ghost" variables

Started by
2 comments, last by chowe6685 17 years, 8 months ago
I have a class were I had put two public variables and used them for debugging. After using them I erased them but then when I ran the program the framerate went down to 1fps and everything stopped working. the wierd thing is, i did a search and they don't appear anywere else in the program! I did rebuild and it still happens, i then changed their names and it still worked but when i erased them there was the problem. using VC++. What does this mean? Thanks.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true." -- Professor Robert Silensky
Advertisement
Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!

sorry, couldn't resist :)
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
maybe your computer's clock is wrong, and some of your source files were saved with a future date thus the compiler won't recompile them?

Check your clock, and re-save all your source files with the correct date.

if that were the case, obviously.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
You could also have a situation where you're writing outside the bounds of an array/to an unallocated pointer. In this case the presence or absence of the variables changes the layout of the program in memory and thus whether or not the program works properly

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement