Sign in to follow this  
RazZziel

Cross-compiling with SDL, SDL_gfx and xmingw

Hi. I'm trying to cross-compile a little game made in SDL in linux to windows with xmingw. I use Gentoo Linux, so I've installed theese packages: - dev-util/xmingw-binutils - dev-util/xmingw-gcc - dev-util/xmingw-runtime - dev-util/xmingw-w32api [MESS] After that, I installed SDL libs for win32 with this script: - http://www.icculus.org/~dolson/sdl/sdl-cross-install.sh.txt Which I run as root, so it installed SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_net and SDL_ttf in /opt/SDL-1.2.9 In my app, I also use SDL_gfx, so I downloaded source code (SDL_gfx-2.0.13.tar.gz), and compiled it as I _think_ it must be compiled: cross-configure.sh:
#!/bin/sh

CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh
export CONFIG_SHELL

PREFIX=/opt/SDL-1.2.9
TARGET=i386-mingw32msvc
PATH="$PREFIX/bin:/opt/xmingw/bin:$PATH"
export PATH

SDL_CONFIG="$PREFIX/bin/$TARGET-sdl-config"
export SDL_CONFIG

cache=cross-config.cache

sh configure --cache-file="$cache"    --target=$TARGET --host=$TARGET --build=i386-linux --prefix=/opt/SDL-1.2.9   $*

status=$?
rm -f "$cache"

exit $status
cross-make.sh:
#!/bin/sh

PREFIX=/opt/SDL-1.2.9
TARGET=i386-mingw32msvc
PATH="$PREFIX/bin:/opt/xmingw/bin:$PATH"
export PATH
exec make $*
And with "make install", I installed it in /opt/SDL-1.2.9 (this copied come .h files to include, and libSDL_gfx.la and libSDL_gfx.a to libs) *sigh* So I tried to cross-compile my game, which I develop in kdevelop. So, the problems: Any try co compile it under kdevelop fails with a
configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables"
In fact, I'm not very sure how to set up kdevelop for cross-compiling (even for simple compiling! it just works, but I don't know if in the best way :p) If I `cd` to the root of the project and run the before mentioned scripts (cross-configure and cross-make), configure finishes without error, but make sais:
/opt/xmingw/lib/gcc/i386-mingw32msvc/3.4.4/../../../../i386-mingw32msvc/bin/ld: cannot find -lSDL
And if I try to cd to the source dir and try a simple
i386-mingw32msvc-g++ *.cpp *.h `/opt/SDL-1.2.9/bin/i386-mingw32msvc-sdl-config --libs --cflags` -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_gfx
[/MESS] Compilation works well but linking sais:
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
/tmp/cclrKPyx.o:CFramerate.cpp:(.text+0x21): undefined reference to `__imp__SDL_initFramerate'
/tmp/cclrKPyx.o:CFramerate.cpp:(.text+0xd3): undefined reference to `__imp__SDL_initFramerate'
/tmp/ccaZGCut.o:CGame.cpp:(.text$_ZN9Framerate6setFPSEi[Framerate::setFPS(int)]+0x16): undefined reference to `__imp__SDL_setFramerate'
/tmp/ccaZGCut.o:CGame.cpp:(.text$_ZN9Framerate5delayEv[Framerate::delay()]+0xf): undefined reference to `__imp__SDL_framerateDelay'
So I think SDL_gfx isn't well installed. *sigh* it's driving me nuts (I'm kinda noob) does anybody have experience doing this kind of things and can tell me what may fail?